CREP PROTECT AU® complies with the Australian state and commonwealth privacy laws including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (collectively, "Privacy Laws") as well as GDPR.
CREP PROTECT AU® is committed to the privacy of its website users and to continue providing products in a confidential and safe manner
- any official CREP PROTECT AU® website, web/cloud-based application (“Website”) including any forms on the Website;
- any stand-alone CREP PROTECT AU® application;
- any software used to provide the Website; and
- any services provided by or to a User through the Website or the App,
Information CREP PROTECT AU® collects and holds
If the User is an EU Entity, "Personal information" is defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as “information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable: (a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and (b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.”
If the User is an EU Entity, "personal information" is defined as “any data that can be used to identify a living person directly or indirectly”.
From time to time, CREP PROTECT AU® may collect certain of a User's personal information. CREP PROTECT AU® only collects that personal information that is reasonably necessary for or related to CREP PROTECT AU®’s business or to facilitate the use of the Platform by Users.
The kind of information CREP PROTECT AU® collects will depend on a User's relationship with CREP PROTECT AU® (e.g. as a Platform user, customer, business partner, employee or contractor).
Generally, the only personal information CREP PROTECT AU® collects about a User is that information which a User choose to disclose to CREP PROTECT AU® or which a User authorises CREP PROTECT AU® to obtain.
The type of information CREP PROTECT AU® collect may include a User/User’s:
- business’s account details
- personal name
- residential/work address
- email addresses
- telephone number
- physical location
- hardware/browser/software used to access the Platform
- IP addresses
Sensitive information is a special category of the most sensitive personal information including racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, police record, health and disability information etc.
CREP PROTECT AU® does not collect sensitive information.
How CREP PROTECT AU® collects and holds personal information
Where possible, CREP PROTECT AU® will collect a User's personal information directly from a User, but information may also be collected via:
- IP loggers;
- wi-fi routers; and
- GPS devices
Personal and sensitive information may be collected from a User when a User provides it to CREP PROTECT AU® directly.
CREP PROTECT AU® has established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard any information CREP PROTECT AU® collects. This helps prevent unauthorised access, maintains data accuracy and ensures that the information is used correctly.
All data transferred to and from CREP PROTECT AU®'s servers is encrypted and a firewall is in place to prevent intrusion. All data stored within CREP PROTECT AUSS®’s systems is designed to only be able to be accessed by authorised CREP PROTECT AU® officers, employees, contractors and the relevant hosting facility.
The purposes for which CREP PROTECT AU® collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information.
CREP PROTECT AU® collects personal information that CREP PROTECT AU® considers relevant for the purpose of providing CREP PROTECT AU®’ services or the Platform. CREP PROTECT AU® will not use or disclose personal information collected about an individual for the purposes of direct marketing unless the individual has given CREP PROTECT AU® consent to do so. CREP PROTECT AU® will not disclose any personal information to any third-party overseas recipients unless the individual has given CREP PROTECT AU® consent to do so.
Some of the ways CREP PROTECT AU® uses personal information includes to:
- communicate with a User and others as part of CREP PROTECT AU®’s business
- enable CREP PROTECT AU® to provide a product
- personalise a User's CREP PROTECT AU® user experience
- send a User information regarding changes to CREP PROTECT AU®’s policies, other terms and conditions, on-line services and other administrative issues
- manage accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring and staff training, collecting debts and market or client satisfaction research)
- prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money laundering, and analyse and manage other commercial risks
- verify information given to CREP PROTECT AU®
- carry out market research and analysis, including satisfaction surveys
- provide marketing information to a User (including information about other products and services offered by selected third party partners) in preferences a User have expressed
- manage CREP PROTECT AU®’s infrastructure and business operations and comply with internal policies and procedures, including those relating to auditing accounting billing and collections IT systems data and website hosting business continuity and records, document and print management
- process refunds, replacements and repairs
- resolve complaints and handle requests for data access or correction
- comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws outside a User's country of residence), such as those relating to anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-terrorism
- comply with legal process and respond to requests from public and governmental authorities (in outside a User's country of residence)
- establish and defend legal rights protect CREP PROTECT AU®’s operations or those of any of CREP PROTECT AU®’ group companies or insurance business partners, CREP PROTECT AU®’s rights or property and/or that of CREP PROTECT AU®’ group companies, a User or others and pursue available remedies or limit CREP PROTECT AU®’ damages
To whom does CREP PROTECT AU® disclose a User's personal information?
CREP PROTECT AU® may disclose a User's personal information to:
- the User
- government authorities (where required by law including workers compensation laws)
- third parties involved in court action (where required by law)
- other parties that provide support services to CREP PROTECT AU® including support services, merchant services, online marketing programs for the purposes of marketing CREP PROTECT AU® products only
- professional advisers
- potential business partners or purchasers
What happens if a User doesn't provide personal or sensitive information?
If a User does not provide some or all of the information requested, CREP PROTECT AU® may not be able to provide CREP PROTECT AU®’s products, permit a User to open or use a user account or give a User access to the Platform.
Using a pseudonym or engaging with CREP PROTECT AU® anonymously
Where practicable, a User will be given the opportunity to engage with CREP PROTECT AU® on an anonymous basis or using a pseudonym. Due to the nature of CREP PROTECT AU®’s services, in most cases, the use of a pseudonym anonymity will not be possible.
Credit card details
CREP PROTECT AU® does not collect or store credit card numbers.
Website cookies and usage information
When a User accesses MICREP PROTECT AU®’s Platform, CREP PROTECT AU® may use software embedded in CREP PROTECT AU®’s Platform and CREP PROTECT AU® may place small data files (or cookies) on a User's computer or other device to collect information about which pages a User's view, how a User reach those pages, what a User does when a User visits a page, the length of time a User remains on the page and how CREP PROTECT AU® performs in providing content to a User. A cookie does not identify individuals personally, but it does identify computers.
A User can set a User's browser to notify a User when a User receive a cookie and this will provide a User with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. CREP PROTECT AU® may gather a User's IP address as part of CREP PROTECT AU®’s business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues with CREP PROTECT AU®’s services. This information does not identify a User personally.
The Platform may contain links to other websites. When a User accesses these links, CREP PROTECT AU® recommends that a User read the website owner's privacy statement before disclosing a User's personal information. CREP PROTECT AU® does not accept responsibility for inappropriate use, collection, storage or disclosure of a User's personal information collected outside CREP PROTECT AU®’s Platform.
Cross-border disclosures of a User's personal information
CREP PROTECT AU® does currently use off-shore service providers with regard to storage of personal information data including email services, support service and telephonic services. CREP PROTECT AU® reserves the right to use data hosting facilities and third-party service providers both in Australia and overseas to assist CREP PROTECT AU® with providing our goods and services.
Right to opt out of personal information use
CREP PROTECT AU® will comply with any request from a User to process or cease using their personal information data as soon as practicable.
Unless a User specifically opts-out of use of personal information for marketing purposes, CREP PROTECT AU® will assume CREP PROTECT AU® has a User's implied consent to receive similar information and communications in the future
Right to rectification
CREP PROTECT AU® has obligations to take reasonable steps to correct personal information held by CREP PROTECT AU® if CREP PROTECT AU® is satisfied that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading for the purpose for which it is held.
CREP PROTECT AU® will comply with any request from a User to update and/or correct their personal information data within 28 days.
MITCCREP PROTECT AU® may take reasonable steps to verify a User's identity before making any such changes.
In cases where the information was provided by a third party, CREP PROTECT AU® may not be able to correct information and a User may have to contact the third-party that gave information to CREP PROTECT AU®.
Right of access [EU only]
If the User is an EU Entity, CREP PROTECT AU® will comply with any request from a User to access their personal information data erased within 28 days.
Right to erasure [EU only]
If the User is an EU Entity, CREP PROTECT AU® will comply with any request from a User to object to have their personal information data erased within 28 days.
Right to data portability [EU only]
If the User is an EU Entity, CREP PROTECT AU® will comply with any request from a User to obtain and/or use their personal information data for their own purposes within 28 days.
Contacting CREP PROTECT AU®
The Privacy Officer
CREP PROTECT AU®
[INSERT POSTAL ADDRESS]
Email: [INSERT EMAIL]
CREP PROTECT AU® takes all complaints regarding privacy of information seriously. CREP PROTECT AU® will respond to any inquiries in a reasonable time.
This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
The User irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of this agreement, which will continue in full force and effect.
“CREP PROTECT AU®” means NICK AUDITORE REPRESENTS PTY LTD and any "Related Body Corporate" within the meaning of the Section 50 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
"EU Entity" means a User that:
- is incorporated; or
- ordinarily resides (wholly or partly),
in a European Union member state from time to time.